In most cases, Australian experts under EFCP are not paid for their services, however the requesting organizations and the program will bear the travel expenses
such as visa application, airtickets, accommodation and meals for working in China, usually a couple of weeks. Experts will also be granted small amount of allowance (equivalent to 30 US
dollars per day) for laundary and communication needs. Experts for China will have opportunities to have tourism activities during the transfer in Beijing and the service period in local
When an expert dispatched by SINOOZ serves over three months in China during one assignment, or the number of projects the expert has provided services will reach
three in consecutive three years, the expert will be entitled to have his/her spouse with his/her during the third trip to China while the program and SAFEA will cover the travel cost of the
In most cases, their work in China may include giving seminars, site visits, training local technicians, and providing advice, etc.
The procedure for Australian experts to work as a volunteer in China is as below:
1. SINOOZ receives Request-for-Experts form;
2. SINOOZ seeks and confirms the expert candidate;
3. SINOOZ recommends the expert candidate to SAFEA local representatives or requesting organization;
4. The expert candidate discusses with SINOOZ or the requesting organization about the date to travel to China and the work task;
5. SAFEA local representative or the requesting organization purchases international airtickets for the expert to travel to China, and issues the invitation letter for a trip to China;
6. The expert applies for visa , and travels to China and work there;
7. The expert comes back from China and submit a work report to SINOOZ.
Note: during the process of seeking and confirming the most appropriate expert candidate, we ask for the updated CV of the candidate specifically made for the EFCP project, and the SINOOZ-EFCP
Expert Resume form, which can be downloaded by clicking the following link:
Transfer in Beijing or other cities
Most experts will be arranged the transfers in Beijing for arriving and leaving China. The stay in Beijing shall be three nights in maximum, either one night for arrival and two for leaving,
and vice versa.
In case of transfers in other cities, the above criteria apply. If the expert hopes to arrange the transfers by his/her self, it should be approved by SINOOZ and the requesting organization so
that relevant expenses could be reimbursed.
In some circumstances, the experts or their employers may hope to sign an agreement or contract with the requesting organization because advanced or patented technologies may be involved.
We are now establishing the Experts-For-China-Club (EFCC), a network for experts who are interested in contributing advice for our EFC projects in China. You are welcome to join EFCC for free,
and enjoy priority for visiting China as an expert of EFC program. When you provide your CV, and you are accepted as a candidate for EFC program, you will have become a EFCC member.
EFC program contact details:
Dr Terry Xin
Tel: 07-3177 6155, 0421177889
26 Golda Ave
Salisbury, QLD 4107
How to apply for a visa to China? Please click and visit: